Applying to the Harvard MGH Med-Peds Program
Deadline to apply: October 1, 2021 by 8:00pm Eastern
The Harvard MGH Med-Peds Program participates in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP).
Our Internship Selection Committee is composed of the program director and associate program director, training program directors of the sponsoring services, Med-Peds faculty, and the Med-Peds Chief Resident. Invitations for personal interviews are issued only after an applicant’s file is completed (including Dean’s Letter), and reviewed by the Internship Selection Committee. The Committee’s selection criteria reflect the programs’ missions to train medicine-pediatrics physicians. Four interns will be matched into the Harvard MGH Residency.
Interviews are conducted over one day. The Harvard MGH Med-Peds Program is committed to diversity within its faculty and staff. In addition to applying to the Medicine-Pediatrics Program, if you wish to apply to one of the categorical or primary care programs of the Massachusetts General Hospital Medical or Pediatric Services, please let us know and we will coordinate the application and interview process to the best of our ability.
How To Apply
Applications will be handled through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) which is provided by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). ERAS is a paperless application service that allows you to transmit your residency application, Dean’s letter, letters of recommendation, and transcript over the Internet. We will not be mailing out or accepting paper applications. For more information on ERAS and to download an application, please visit the AAMC’s website: https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-residency/applying-residencies-eras/
What Do I Need?
- ERAS Application – including the Common Application Form (CAF) Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- 3-4 letters of recommendation
- We welcome Department letters or chief letters if avaialable from your medical school. If not, please include at least one letter from someone in the Department of Medicine and one letter from someone in the Department of Pediatrics. The other letters should be from attending physicians who know you well or supervisors who have worked with you closely on a project.
- Dean’s Letter
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Step I & II USMLE scores **We do not REQUIRE Step II be available by November 1; however, we do appreciate as much data about you as possible by November
Important Dates for the 2021-2022 Application Cycle
Deadline to submit applications: October 1, 2021, by 8:00 pm Eastern
Stay tuned for dates and information about virtual interviewing in 2021. In lieu of a resident dinner the night prior to the interview, we will arrange a virtual time for you to meet and socialize with our residents.
Foreign Medical School Graduates
International medical graduates should contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for their application materials and eligibility requirements. Application materials will be sent only to those candidates who meet ECFMG requirements. You can write to the Commission or visit www.ecfmg.org
PO Box 13467
Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467